Parish Nurse Vacancy (Part Time)
Job title: Parish Nurse
Hours: 8 (1 day a week, or across the week by arrangement)
Salary: £6000 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 27th November 9am
Linked with Parish Nursing Ministries UK
Job Purpose To provide a parish nursing service that integrates spiritual, physical, psychological, emotional and social health to the local community, regardless of faith position, and to the congregation as required.
St Peter de Beauvoir Town is looking to employ a NMC Registered Nurse/Midwife in a paid position to lead their new Parish Nursing (Public Health) project. This innovative service is provided in partnership with Parish Nursing Ministries UK and aims to improve and maintain the holistic health and wellbeing of local people.
The Parish Nurse role includes:
- General health education
- Personal health screening, health support and referral
- Advocating for individuals and health more widely.
- Acting as health navigator and resource
- Providing spiritual care
- Liaising with other local services
- Supporting the wider health, safety and risk management of the church/organisation and congregation.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is essential and support for revalidation is provided.
The person will be required to undertake formal role preparation and to offer spiritual care and Christian prayer when requested as part of St Peter’s ministry team (it is therefore a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the applicant to be a Christian).
To apply, please send the completed application form to Fr Simon by the deadline below.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th November, 9am
Expected date for interviews: week beginning 11th December 2023
Start Date: January or February 2024
For more information about the post please email Fr Simon.