1. Can we be married at St Peter’s?
Provided you are legally allowed to marry each other, you can do it at St Peter’s if one of both of you:
1. Live in St Peter’s parish, or
2. Are on St Peter’s electoral roll (you can be entered on this if you are over 16 and have worshipped here regularly for at least 6 months); or
3. Were baptized at St Peter’s; or
4. Were confirmed after being prepared for confirmation here; or
5. Lived in the parish, or worshipped in the parish, for at least 6 months at any time in the past.
You also qualify if your parents or grandparents were married at St Peter’s, or if one of your parents lived in the parish, or worshipped at St Peter’s, for at least 6 months during your lifetime.
If you aren’t sure whether you qualify, one of our ministers will be able to help you. They may need to ask you for further documentation or information.
In addition, you will need to pay the fees laid down by law (see Question 12) and normally have banns read (see Question 4).